Set Smart Resolutions
Believe it or not the vast majority of people fail to reach their New Year’s resolutions. 80% of Americans say they fail to achieve their New Year’s resolutions. Only 8% actually achieve all of their goals. There are a variety of reasons people struggle to achieve their New Year’s resolutions, but much of the struggle is in setting the right kind of goal. “SMART” is an acronym to remember when you are setting your goals at the beginning of the New Year. It stands for: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Here is how to you set smart goals for a vehicle:
- Specific: Make sure your goals are not so vague that you cannot track whether you accomplish them. Rather than resolving to treat your car better, make it specific. You might set a goal to wash your vehicle monthly.
- Measurable: Make your goal something you can measure and track. A measurable goal for a vehicle might be repairing all dents and dings on the surface. Once that is completed, you can clearly see the result and mark it off your list.
- Achievable: While it is important to stretch yourself with your New Year’s resolutions, they should still be within reach of attainability. If it is not possible to wash your call every day, but you set it as a resolution, you are setting yourself up for discouragement. Make sure your goals for your vehicle are achievable.
- Relevant: If your goals are not meaningful to you and your life, you are less likely to stay with them. Since you are in your vehicle every day, the resolutions should be relevant. Maintenance and vehicle body issues should be factored into your goals.
- Time-bound: Your resolutions should be on the clock. If there are no dates for accomplishing the goals you set, you are much less likely to accomplish them. However, if you set a goal to have your vehicle’s dents and dings repaired by February or March, you have built-in accountability for following through with it.
Some smart goals to set for your vehicle
How do you set good New Year’s resolutions for your car? Here are a few New Year’s resolution ideas that will help you care for the vehicle you love:
- Keeping up with maintenance: Changing oil, rotating and replacing tires, replacing brake pads, shocks, and suspension, and other routine maintenance tasks typically have measurable mileage and time-bound schedules.
- Washing your vehicle: Caring for your vehicle’s exterior and interior will go a long way toward preserving the longevity of your vehicle. Plan and set goals to wash your car regularly and clean the interior often.
- Driving safely: If you know there are parts of your driving habits that need improvement, make New Year’s resolutions toward that end. Keep a journal of your successes and plan to correct failures.
- Repairing dents and dings: Lingering body damage is not merely an inconvenient eyesore on your vehicle’s body, its presence can lead to the development of rust. Let this be the year you have a professional body shop repair those dents and dings before they become more substantial issues.
If your New Year’s resolutions included making repairs to dents and dings in your car’s body, restoring the paint to its original shine, or making any kind of collision repairs, SRM Paintwerks is your trusted body shop in Elkin, North Carolina. We have the experience and expertise to make your cock car look like it did when you first found it. If you want to take care of your vehicle, you need to bring your car to the expert team at SRM. Contact us today for more information about our paint and body Works services.